The formation of wrinkles on your skin can really disturb you. It could be a sign of various conditions of your skin among other causes that include old age. There are a number of essential oils that you can use for the treatment of these wrinkles.
Why Essential Oils for Wrinkles-How to Choose the best?
Most of the essential oils that work on the wrinkles by delaying the wrinkles and keeping your skin very smooth and very supple. The oils work because they have some properties that are good for your skin. Here are some factors to consider.
Why are essential oils good for wrinkles?
The wonderful amazing properties make essential oils to be the first alternative when dealing with wrinkles on your face.
Moisturizing properties. The essential oils sandalwood and geranium moisturize and make your skin to be smooth and supple. To do this, the oils seal the moisture in your skin and thus treating the dryness of the skin, which are the most likely reasons for wrinkles.
Antioxidant properties. Essential oils effectively deal with the free radicals that deny the skin from getting the access to oxygen. Denying your skin oxygen makes it lifeless and this leads to the formations of wrinkles.
Skin tightening properties. The examples of avocado, olive oil and coconut oils perform a perfect job in this. They work as natural astringents because they contain a thin and non-oily liquid sensation. They are able to reduce the oiliness of your skin and this tightens your skin.
Improves circulation. The oils are able to improve the blood flow under your skin. This keeps your cells nourished and thus a healthy-looking skin with lesser pimples. This hence prevents the premature aging of the skin.
Increases the skin elasticity. The aging of your skin is characterized by your skin becoming loose and then sagging and finally drooping. Essential oils work by boosting the amount of collagen that your skin produces and this is able to prevent wrinkle formation.
What should you Consider before Choosing an Essential Oil for Wrinkles
It is not always easy to know the best oil that will work for your skin. There are a number of things that you have to put into consideration to achieve this. The first and foremost thing that you should always consider is your type of skin. This is therefore to mean that the dry or oily skin requires different types of oils.
Essential oils come in very concentered forms. This is therefore to say that you should never use the oils when they are in their concentrated form. Always dilute the oils before applying to your skin. You could also mix them. Before using the oils, it is a good idea to do a patch test to ensure that the oil does not create a reaction when you apply.
Here are some of the recommendations put forward for different types of the skin.
- Dry skin, use rosehip and cedarwood essential oil
- For oily skin, use jojoba oil and lemongrass essential oil
- For a skin prone skin, use vetiver oil and ravensara oil
- For aging skin, use camellia and grapeseed oils
- For a combination of the types of skin, use patchouli oil and lavender oil
Essential Oils for Deep Face Wrinkles-Around Eyes and Forehead
The essential oils have phytocompounds. The oils make your forehead to remain healthy and young. The oils are also able to heal and protect the dermal layers.
This oil is able to remove the lines that appear on the forehead. The oil has antioxidant properties. Further, it has anti-inflammatory properties and thus prevent the damage caused on the skin by the environmental factors. More to that, the oil has astringent properties that protect the skin from sagging as it opens the pores.
The basil oil comes in two forms, that is the sweet and holy basil. The oil is most preferable because it has very high levels of antioxidant properties. It is able to fight the dullness of your skin and give it a young glow as it removes the lines.
This oil has soothing and astringent properties for the skin. This is therefore to mean that it can help your sagging skin and then remove the wrinkles and lines. It also prevents dehydration of your skin.
Best Essential Oil Wrinkles Around Mouth & Lips
The appearance of wrinkles on your lips is very devastating. Smoking is one of the causes of the wrinkles. These lines are likely to cause an unattractive look. Getting the best remedy would restore your look.
Coconut oil is one of the best remedies to hydrate and protect your lips. The best way you could use the oil is by rubbing the oil on the wrinkled lips. This is especially important before you go to bed. The oil will moisturize your lips and then get rid of the dead cells on yours lips. The oil has also been shown to tighten any loose skin.
Aloe vera is also a beneficial remedy. The gel is able to moisturize the lips and then treat cracked lips. It has a high amount of vitamin E that is able to correct the cracked lips.
Castor oil is also very useful for your lips. This oil is a component in most lip balms. This is able to add shine and moisturization to your lips. You should massage the oil on your lips as regular as possible to get the best outcome.
Essential Oils for Wrinkles Recipes
The particular essential oils can be prepared and used in various ways. You can make and use them in different forms such as creams and serums. These various recipes have different constituents that are all individually useful against wrinkles.
Frankincense essential oil for wrinkles recipe
It is good for your skin because it works as an astringent. It is therefore able to protect the cells of your skin. Further, it is able to curb the appearance of pimples, large pores and thus preventing the occurrence of the wrinkles. It is known to be cytophylactic. This is to imply that it encourages the growth of new cells preventing wrinkles especially under the eye.
- Take about 6 drops of the frankincense and then mix with about an ounce of an unscented oil
- Shake the two to ensure they completely mix then apply to your skin
- Massage the oil into the sagging skin
- Repeat this process once daily till you get relief
Doterra essential oils for wrinkles recipe
To benefits from the oils, it is good to use a collection of the products rather than just using the oils in their raw form on your face. The oils are sold as products categorized as:
- Antiaging moisturizers
- Hydrating creams
- Tightening serum to promote the hydration of your skin, reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Immortelle hydrating cream to give deep hydration and finish the wrinkles
More other Recipes
Pomegranate Seed Oil
This oil is a powerful anti-aging oil. It has powerful antioxidant properties and thus able to reduce the radicals that are generated by the sun. Further, it has compounds called polyphenolic that are able to prevent damage of the skin that would lead to the formation of wrinkles.
Besides, the oil is able to strengthen the outer layer of the skin and repair the inner layers of the skin. Further, it is able to boost the production of collagen. This is therefore able improve the elasticity of your skin. According to a study in 2006, that was published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology, the oil is able to promote the regeneration of the epidermis and this forms the basis of fighting aging signs.
In addition, it has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties thus able to remove microbes that would cause conditions on your skin. You can use this oil on the skin of your face and the body. You can use the oil for any type of skin.
Neem Essential Oil
This oil has antioxidant, antimicrobial and antifungal properties. These make it able to prevent the signs of aging. Because of this, it is able to prevent your skin from the damage that is caused by the ultraviolet rays. Further, it purifies your skin and this is able to make your skin to be flawless.
This oil contains high amounts of polyunsaturated fatty acids as well as vitamin E. This enables it to prevent premature aging. According to a study in 2001, in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the polyunsaturated fatty acids are important because it protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Take a tablespoon of the neem oil and then mix with another essential oil and some lukewarm coconut oil.
- Some minutes before you retire for bed, take the oil and then massage the oil into your skin using circular motions.
- Give the oil some time to work, probably overnight.
- Repeat the process on a daily basis till you get the effects.
This is one of the best oils that can be used for wrinkles on your face. The reason for this is because of its ability to be used for all types of skins. Besides that, the oil has high antioxidant properties. This enable it to protect the skin. The skin is especially protected from the harmful ultraviolet rays that are produced by the sun. To add on that, when you inhale the oil, you are likely to have good and consistent sleep. Adequate sleep is likely to give you a good-looking skin.
- Take about 10 drops of lavender oil and then mix with some a teaspoon of extra-virgin oil.
- Using your fingers, massage the mixture of the oil on your skin in a circular motion.
- Carry out this process as regular as you can.
- A daily repeat of this could give you the best results.
Best Essential Oils for Skin Tightening
Loose skin is a sign of old age. To take care of the sagging skin, essential oils would serve you properly. The most useful oils are then ones made through cold pressing and steam distillations. This is because they are very concentrated and would give the best remedy.
You can make products that can serve the roles of tightening your skin.
Firming facial gel
This product uses the base aloe vera as the natural astringent. The gel also acts as a moisturizer.
You will need
- About 7 drops of tea tree oil
- A clean glass container
- 10 drops of neroli oil or geranium oil
- About 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Take the aloe vera and then add some drops of the essential oils as you stir well to ensure they mix well
- Keep the mixture under very cool temperatures away from direct access to sunlight
- Cleanse your face and then use your fingers to apply the gel on the affected area
Serum that is pore tightening
Its use happens because it is mixed with other ingredients that enhance its properties and make it more effective in dealing with pimples.
You will need
- About 10 drops of geranium oil
- About 10 drops of frankincense
- A glass dropper bottle
- 2 tablespoons of a carrier oil
- Some drops of lemon
- Take the oils and then mix them in a dropper bottle and close the lid. After that, shake the bottle so as to get them to mix.
- Store the preparation in a cool place
- Take a part of the well-blended mixture and then rub in your hands after which you massage gently into your skin
- Use the oil only at night. This is because lemon is sensitive to sunlight.